Thursday 30 May 2013

Strawberries!

This may come as a bit of a shock to some of you but I really dislike strawberries! I don't know why, I find them really sharp and I hate the texture of the pips on the outside. 

Anyway I was in the supermarket the other day and they had a pack of strawberries and even though I don't like them they looked really ripe and juicy so I bought them as I know Adam and my sister will eat them. 

Last night we decided to make creeps and my sister decided to have strawberries with her and Mia couldn't stop staring at them! She was mesmerised by these strawberries and so we held one out and let her have a little taste. She absolutely loved it! She couldn't get enough! So I puréed some for her today and she will have them for breakfast or lunch. 

We have only recently started weaning Mia and until now she has liked some things like porridge and apple purée but she has never loved anything and cried for more so I'm really pleased we have found something she really loves. 

Now before anyone says 'oh all the books say no berries until 9 months incase of allergies' we have given Mia a very small amount to see if she reacts to them. This morning she is fine, no rash or unusual behaviour. I will obviously continue to keep an eye on her today but there are no reports in either mine or Adams family of allergies. 

Hope you are all having a nice day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment