Friday 3 May 2013

Pregnancy: the bad bits

So any of my readers who have been pregnant before I'm sure can relate to some if not all of this list.

1. Heartburn - I got terrible heartburn as soon as my head hit the pillow! My saviour was Tums.

2. Morning sickness - let me just say not necessarily confined to the morning..all day, everyday for the entire pregnancy for some. Luckily for me I had it from week 8-26 everyday and then it would be every now and again until the end.

3. Feeling like a whale - towards the end some people get a huge baby bump, making them feel like a whale. Imagine a the extra weight you're carrying around and especially if your in a hot climate!

4. Smells - things you may have loved prior to pregnancy such as lavender now the tiniest sniff of them may send you running to the sick bowl!

5. Foods you can't eat - certain cheeses, eggs if not hard boiled, sushi, pâté ..... So if your a lover of sushi or cheese is your thing it can become annoying when your friends or husband sits there munching on toast with pâté and you really, really want some!

6. Gas - yes pregnancy can cause you to become very gassy.

7. Acne - some people can suffer with ache while pregnant, it's like your hormones revert back to adolescents.

8. No hot baths - if you're like me I love nothing more than a hot bath, like being boiled like a lobster...OK not quite that got but you know what I mean!

9. Endless appointments - to be honest I quite enjoyed all my anti natal appointments and injections don't bother me, I'm RH- anyway so I had more than my fair share, but some people hate all the appointments to check your blood pressure and give you another needle in the arm!

10. Inability to walk - this for me was by far the worst. Towards the end only being able to walk about 1/4 of a mile before needing to rest. I love walking and we walk nearly every weekend to our local shops which are about a mile each way and not being able to do so made me feel trapped.

Although pregnancy has its annoyances and its parts which make you down right fed up, once you hold your baby in your arms it all gets forgotten and although I had terrible morning sickness and heartburn I enjoyed my pregnancy and it had its up sides too. But that is for another post....

What were your worst parts of pregnancy?

No comments:

Post a Comment