Sunday 19 May 2013

My blogging journey so far....

I originally started by making a YouTube channel when I was 26 weeks pregnant with Mia. I had been watching some other mummy vloggers and decided I would quite enjoy making pregnancy videos to track my pregnancy. At the same time I started this blog as a place to do pregnancy updates and save photographs of my growing bump!

All the enthusiasm was there at the beginning and I was excited to begin the journey into the blogging community.....but I just wasn't consistent enough with it. I would only update the blog when I made a new YouTube video which could be every week or even month on occasion and my blog post was always linked to my YouTube so was never getting any fresh, unique content.

So I decided enough is enough if I'm going to do this I'm going to do it properly or not at all! So I began scheduling posts (a very good suggestion made by a blogging friend of mine) and writing enough content for a weeks worth of posts, meaning I could spend one morning writing my blog and then I wouldn't have to worry about updating everyday. This has worked amazingly for me! Having a young baby most of my time is taken up caring for her. I also still work so my afternoons and evenings are spent at work so the best time for me to keep up t date with my blog is the mornings. We have a cleaner who comes every Tuesday morning and I wait indoors for her to finish so that's the day I tend to do most of my posts. I think the hardest thing about blogging is taking photographs as your out and about. I am not quite in the habit yet of snapping pictures of random, cool things and organising myself so I have photographs that match my content. I am trying so please be patient with me, I will get better. Promise! I am also looking to buy a SLR camera soon so I don't have to use my iPhone to take photographs with any more - a few of my better photographs are taken with my sister's SLR canon camera, I'm sure you can probably tell which ones!

I would love to hear how your blogging journey started.......


No comments:

Post a Comment