Friday 8 August 2014

Summer Activities for a baby/toddler

The park

I try to take Mia to the park most days during the summer as it's free and she loves it! Most parks where I live also have a children's playground so I take Mia to play on the swings and climbing frame. I can tell when it comes to bedtime if we haven't been out that day as Mia doesn't sleep as well as if we spend time outdoors. 



The garden

If you have a garden it's like having a mini park! Our garden is small but there's enough room for a sand/water table and a small climbing frame with slide. Mia enjoys playing outside in the garden and it's nice to also give your toddler lunch outside. 


The farm

We have a few farms where I live. They are also full of not only animals but outdoor play equipment, ride ons and soft play. They make for a brilliant day out but they can be a costly day trip. The ones near here cost £9-14 per person and under 2's are free. I would suggest taking a picnic to save money. 


Arts and Crafts

This is a great activity for indoors and outdoors. If you are worried like me about the mess in could cause inside the house you can take the activity to the garden. I am planning on buying Mia an easel which she can do painting on in the garden. A simple colouring book and crayons is enough to keep Mia entertained for a good 30 minutes. Toddlers also love stickers. 



Tents and Tunnels

Babies and toddlers love tents and tunnels. We bought Mia a tent and tunnel from Argos for £15 but you can make a play tent with a sheet using the table. 






No comments:

Post a Comment