Thursday 7 August 2014

Healthy summer dessert

Sometimes you just fancy a bit of fresh fruit. I have been a little lazy with the variety of fruit that I have been buying lately. I usually buy bananas every week and occasionally blueberries and satsumas but this week I thought I would buy and chop lots of fruit to create a lovely fruit salad for Mia to eat. It's been so hot here lately that this is the perfect snack/dessert on a hot day. I used: apples, pears, satsumas, kiwi and blueberries. I have bananas too but I wouldn't prepare these early as they turn quite soft and sludgy. I chopped the other fruit into bite sizes pieces and put them in an airtight container with tropical fresh fruit juice to stop the apples and pears from going brown. 

A lovely tasty treat that once prepared is quick and easy to give to your toddler! 

No comments:

Post a Comment