Wednesday 14 May 2014

I'm getting married!

So finally after being engaged for what seems like an eternity we are tying the knot next summer! 

We are doing a lot ourselves and as we start to organise things and put things together such as the flower arrangements, table decorations etc I will do blog posts to share crafty ideas for anyone else looking to throw a DIY wedding/party. 

I have so far decided on the colour scheme which will be cornflower blue and white. I always used to think I would have Cadbury purple but I think I always imagined I would get married in the winter around Christmas as it's my favourite time of year however I have decided on a summer wedding as our venue has lovely outdoor space so it would be lovely to make use of it. 

                      Cornflower blue 


I have also decided on going for a vintage look for the reception and we are going for a wild British flower look. I don't want anything that looks too perfect or too 'dressed' I like the look of frahly
Picked wild flowers that have been placed in jars (this will all make more sense as I show you what we are doing)

Mia will be a flower girl and will wear a white dress with a cornflower blue sash. She's going to look so cute! 




No comments:

Post a Comment