Sunday 18 May 2014

How to: Make a Toddler Book

You can buy make your own toddler books from amazon. You can chose from the traditional board book or a fabric book. I, however decided to make Mia and Adam a book to read together only a few days before Adam's birthday so buying from amazon was out of the question so I thought I would share how I made it. This cost me only around £6 altogether. This was for printing the photos and having the book bound. You could bind it yourself using ribbon to save money. 

You will need:
-A5 paper (you can use any colour you like or cut A4 paper in half to make A5 paper) 
-a selection of photographs that you want to put inside your book. 
-laminating pouches in A5 and a laminator (alternatively most stationers can laminate for you)
-binding machine (again you can pay to have it bound. It cost me only £3.50)

How to make it:
On a computer or by hand you need to do the writing for your book. I wanted each page to be very simple eg 'my daddy takes me to the park.' 
I put my writing at the bottom of each page. 
Next you need to print all your pages and cut them down to A5 if you have used A4 initially. 
Then with glue stick your photographs to each page. 
Next you need to seal your pages with your laminating pouches. You don't have to do this step but because I wanted Mia to be able to read it and look at it, if I hadn't laminated it she would of ended up tearing the pages. 
Finally once you have laminated all the pages bind it together. Either use a proper binding machine or punch two holes in and threat ribbon through, remember to only tie the ribbon losely as it needs to give a little for the book to open properly. 




I would love to hear your crafty ideas for things to make for/with your toddler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment