Monday 5 May 2014

Healthy toddler meal


This is my 'lazy shepherds pie.'

Basically we have loads of mash in the freezer for Mia to have with a variety of meals. She loves mash with baked beans  especially. As we had so much mash we needed to use I decided to just buy some mince and veggies and make tomato and mince with vegetables which I can use with the mash as a kind of shepherds pie. Only difference is the mash and mince haven't been cooked together. I can use this mince as a bolognaise with pasta as well.

It is made with:

Lean beef mince
Chopped tomatoes
Carrots
Green beans
Peas
Sweetcorn
Pepper to taste

First I fry the mince with oil until brown. I then add the chopped tomatoes, add the veggies and a little water and let it summer gently for 30-40 minutes until the water has evaporated and the veggies are soft. Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment