Monday 3 February 2014

Bedtime soothers

We have bought and tested many products to help Mia calm and settle during bedtime. Some of the products we have:

A lullaby cd. 
A read aloud story. 
Fisher price soothe and glow seahorse. 
A lullaby cot toy. 

The cd is good, she definitely calms to it. The main problem is that Mia is a very light sleeper so any noise that is made once she's asleep can potentially wake her and with a cd I have to physically go in and turn it off. 



This lullaby cd comes with a book and is made by chad valley. It contains the classics like rock-a-by baby and then others that I haven't heard of before. 

The read aloud story called 'it's snorey time' we have yet to try. I bought it in tk maxx before Mia was born because the illustrations looked really cute and I liked that it came with areas aloud story as well. 



Mia's soothe and glow seahorse we bought when Mia was 4 weeks old. She didn't take to it at all and I was pretty disappointed. I had seen lots of mummy vloggers on YouTube and mummy bloggers talking about it and recommending it. Mia just didn't seem bothered by it all all unfortunately. However now she loves it! I put it on when I put her to bed and she watches the tummy gently glow and listens to the lovely gentle lullabies. 


I would definitely recommended trying this. It's become part of our bedtime routine now!

The final product we have (apart from a cot mobile which she never used to much as she mostly co slept with us and now has gone straight into a cot bed) is a lullaby Peter Rabbit. It looks like this:


You ca hang it on the cot or bear the cot. At the moment we have him on her wardrobe as we are using the soothe and glow seahorse more but we used to hang this above her cot for the short time she slept in there! You pull Peter down:


And he plays a soothing lullaby. I can't remember from the top of my head which lullaby he plays?! If anyone knows please let me know. For some reason I'm thinking it's hush little baby but I could be wrong! 

What soothing products do you like to use with your baby? Is there one product that you use every night as part of your bedtime routine?









No comments:

Post a Comment