Friday 14 February 2014

Healthy toddler meal

Another healthy toddler meal idea. I actually put this together very last minute. We have only very recently started giving Mia fish fingers. It's a weird one for me because I don't know whether I would class them as healthy or not. I don't think they're unhealthy as such. We buy the 100% fish fillet ones but they are classed as frozen food and as a child I always grew up to believe that wasn't good for you. 

Anyway to get Mia eating more fish (the problem is we don't eat much fish as a family so this is an easy option!) we have started giving her fish fingers every once in a while. So I paired them with some vegetables - carrots, peas, sweet corn and green beans. I also gave her some raisins too! 

I realise that's a lot of veg! I actually ended up saving half of it for her dinner that evening. I paired that with shepherds pie which is one of Mia's favourite meals! 

I love reading about other people's recipe ideas for their babies and toddlers so if you have any recipe ideas or any suggestions if good websites/blogs to look out please leave the link below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment