Wednesday 22 January 2014

Clinique high impact lashes

For Christmas I received the Clinique high impact lashes gift set. I love the Clinique mascara and had run out so was expecting I might get a new one for Christmas. I was not expecting this fab gift box though! The gift box itself looks like this:


It comes with a small makeup bag, a black mascara, black eyeliner and a eye serum that's supposed to help with tired eyes. 


I haven't pictured the bag but these are the three makeup items in the box. 

The eye serum I was very sceptical of. I don't believe that a liquid formula is going to stop my eyes looking tired especially now I have Mia because when my eyes look tired they really look tired! However it does feel really light to apply and it feels refreshing which is really weird to say but it does. I don't think it necessarily stops bags and tired eyes but it does make me feel more awake. It's a rollerball serum so really easy to apply and it smells quite nice too. 


The second thing in the box was a eyeliner. I was using a bourjois eyeliner and I also use a Rimmel one, both I was quite happy with but the Clinique one is amazing! I would never of thought to buy a high end eyeliner and that it would be worth the extra money but it's such a lovely eyeliner. It glides on so easily, it's really pigmented and stays on all day. I just love it! It looks quite shimmery but it doesn't go on shimmery at all which is great as I want an eyeliner for day and evening use. 

I would and will definitely repurchase this. 



The final item was the mascara. Now what can I say about that?! I love this mascara, I've always loved it. I love the brush, it doesn't clump together, glides on easily, only requires one quick coat and looks great every time! It lasts all day and is easy to apply to both top and bottom lashes. I have the Dior mascara also which is quite a lot more expensive. I think it's about £25 whereas the Clinique is maybe £10-£12 and personally I prefer the Clinique. It's the only mascara I have found that doesn't clump on the brush after a while and doesn't dry up. 

I would recommend this to anyone looking to try a different black mascara. I don't think they do it in brown, or at least they didn't a few years ago but if they ever do I will be sure to buy it. 



What's your favourite mascara? 






No comments:

Post a Comment