Monday 16 September 2013

Routines

So for any of you who know me personally you will know I am a stickler for routine, especially when it comes to Mia's bedtime!

However, since returning to work after the summer holidays and having moved house, therefore my drive home taking about an hour Mia's bedtime routine is completely messed up, boo! The problem is that she is sleeping in the car on our journey home until around 7pm and therefore when 8pm hits she is just not ready to sleep. This is causing me no end of problems for a number of reasons:

1. I no longer have an evening to relax with Adam. 

2. She isn't getting enough sleep, especially on the days I have to get her up at 6:30am for me to go to work early. 

3. She's ending up in our bed more - yes we are giving in! Because when she is battling bedtime for hours and doesn't go to bed until 9:30-10pm and by that point your physically exhausted I can't be done with battling again at 2am when I have to get up for work at 6am! 

4. When I don't get her up in the morning she is sleeping in until 10am! Messing up her breakfast time and bottle. 

Im hoping she falls back into a routine but so far is not looking good. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would love to hear them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment