Sunday 22 September 2013

Germs

Ok so that fun day I blogged about yesterday, turns out Mia has caught a horrible cold from the soft play place we visited! Sadly her little friend Alice also has a terrible cold as well which is how we know that was definitely where it was caught. 

It really makes me upset when these things happen because it really puts me off taking her again. It makes me feel like a bad mummy because she had a great time but all I'm thinking is 'we're never going to one of those again during school term time because mummy has to work and can't stay up all night with a sick baby' 
Of course I hate seeing Mia unwell but I am quite aware that she will catch these viruses until she builds up a stronger immunity and in order to do that she needs to be exposed to germs. 

She comes with me everyday to work where I teach children and she is exposed to germs (although not quite on the same scale of number of children as a soft play area) but still we have children coming in and out all afternoon and she has caught the odd cold here and there but it seems each time we go into these soft play places she catches a nasty bug!

You just don't know how often these places are disinfected and cleaned, which I suspect is not very often. 

I know I've said before I'm put off taking her to these cafes the last time she was sick but now I just feel like i should of listened to myself more the last time she got ill. 

I hope she feels well soon and that Alice feels better soon too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment