Sunday 11 August 2013

Goodnight Moon

I had never heard of this story book until coming across it in Waterstones the other day. I had been planning on finding a short, good nighttime story book for a while to read to Mia each night before bedtime. My work schedule means I won't always be home until 7-7:30 and sometimes Mia will be with me meaning I want a short story to read so I can get her in bed by 8, because of how late I get home I won't be able to do the usual routines of a bath before bed as this will take too long if I want her in bed by 8 so baths will have to be done in the morning instead. 

Anyway I'm divulging, back to Goodnight Moon. Goodnight Moon is a great book to read before bed. It goes around a room in a house and basically involves saying goodnight to everything in the room. 

Mia loves this story and I can tell she definitely associates it with bedtime now. She's so cute, she touches the images on the page as we say goodnight. 



What are your favourite stories to read to your children before bedtime?

 

2 comments:

  1. Gosh I loved that book when I was little, I could probably recite the whole thing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I reckon I could recite it too after reading it every night for the past month! Lol!

      Delete