Monday 10 March 2014

Mia's February/March Favourites

I haven't written one of these posts in what feels like forever! Mainly because since Mia's birthday and Christmas she has received so many new toys etc that she has been playing and enjoying everything (as children do when things are new and exciting!) and only in the last month or so have I really been able to see what her favourites really are. 


Toy glasses from the bear factory - random I know! But Mia has been obsessed with putting glasses on since at our sing and sign class the teacher bought in some children's sunglasses to show the children (we sung a song about it being a sunny day) She tries to put them on herself and then when that fails comes to either Adam or I to help her! She looks so funny and cute with them on! Haha! 


The second toy she has been loving are these series of books santa bought her for Christmas. I had seen these books before in a nursery I did a work placement at and all the babies loved them. I have just photographed one of them. 


In the series Mia has there are three books. The one above, one about caterpillars and one about tadpoles. She loves touching the little animals as they stick out from the page. The books are all counting books and count down from 5-1. They also all rhyme and are great, quick bedtime books. I often read one of these followed by Goodnight Moon which I have spoken about in a previous post!

Mia's other love this month has been Art. I have let Mia use crayons etc in the house for a while now but I've always been nervous of paint. But recently a local soft play centre has started to do an arts and crafts morning on a Thursday and I took Mia along. She loved it! I have never seen her so quiet and engaged with anything before! 


The final love of Mia's this month is fruit! Mia is loving pears especially at the moment. Since she's been getting her molars through she has been really fussy with food. She doesn't want to eat anything hot and will only eat soft, cook things. These pears are very juicy at the moment though, so I don't blame her for wanting to eat them! Haha!




What have been your recent favourites? 









No comments:

Post a Comment