Tuesday 15 October 2013

The screams

People told me when I was pregnant that  you learn to zone out from the baby cries. This is so not true! Since having Mia I have been waiting for the day I can block her cries out, her cries go through me like nails on a chalk board! In the car if she has decided to throw a tantrum - yes we're getting into tantrums now because she isn't getting her own way and having someone sitting with her in the back, it is so distracting and annoying I have to stop the car and calm her down. I wish I could just ignore it since I know it's not that there is anything wrong and it is simply Mia deciding she doesn't want to do what she is doing. Her becoming a little madam has only come about these last 2-3 months - she is testing to see if we are strong or will give in. It's hard sometimes to not give in especially after a long day at work! We can only try our best and try to be strong as much as possible! 

Mia's favourite time of the day to test is definitely bedtime! Bedtime has been a bit of a disaster since I started working at a school 2 days a week. On those days I have to leave the house at 6:45am and therefore I'm getting Mia up at 6:30am when she usually sleeps in until 8:30-9am. I usually get home on those evenings at about 7:15pm and by that time I am just too tired to battle with her all night. I try to and Adam helps but it's just so hard knowing you have a long drive so early the next day and you won't be home the following day until gone 7pm. 

Wish us luck tonight because as I write this I am trying to get Mia to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment