Thursday 9 October 2014

Rude People!

I am tired today. Very tired. Mia was up until 3am last night, not teething, scared or in any kind of pain. Just because she had decided she wanted to get up for the day at midnight! 

So when I got on my train this afternoon to make my usual journey to London i lost my cool with the rude businessmen that are often on my train but who usually I would ignore and just stand for 40 minutes. There are disabled seats on my train which are the only seats that with a buggy a parent can sit at. Obviously people in wheelchairs have priority but when there are no disabled people generally people recognise that these seats are for mothers with pushchairs, especially since us mothers always look out for the disabled door so that we have room for the buggy and that we are not in the way of other passengers. See how considerate we are! It then angers me when you have businessmen who sit in said disabled seats therefore we have to cram the buggies into tiny spaces and have the baby screaming because we can't get them out as we are having to stand. Other passengers have on occasion made comments to me before 

'tell them men to move' 'they are so rude!' 

Have none of these men got children and wives? Do they not emphasis with women with babies having to stand with a screaming child for 40 minutes? Who then have the mordacity to stare and tut when the baby is screaming for the whole journey. 

What angers me the most is the train is empty. There are seats throughout the carriage and it would be no trouble for them to move to another seat. But no. They would rather tut and stare at what horrific mothers we are who can't keep their baby from crying! 

Rant over...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment