Tuesday 8 July 2014

Blackouts - quick fix

So I have been struggling to get Mia's room dark enough as she keeps waking at around 5am with sun streaming in her room. She has blackout lined curtains. They are good, but sun still creeps around the edges. I am looking into making a blind that attaches to the window frame with Velcro as even a roller blind wouldn't stop the light coming down the sides. For now, until I have time to make my own proper blind I have put up a makeshift solution using only lining paper and electrical tape. The reason I used electrical tape was because it won't leave any residue on the window panes and will be easy to pull off.

Basically I just put up lining paper (I doubled it up) and stuck it to the window trying not to leave any gaps. 


This is the result at 7pm at night when the sun is still high in the sky. When I close he blackout curtains as well the room was completely black! Amazing considering I just used items we had lying around at home! 

Obviously this is not a permanent solution as it's difficult to open and close the window but it certainly does he job temporarily! 

Has anyone else got any DIY solutions for making your child's room dark in the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment